Friday, January 7, 2011

Whole30 Challenge

On January 1st, some co-workers and I started a 30 day whole foods challenge based on the Whole30.  To make it a bit easier and in an attempt to make sure that everyone put forth their best effort, I gave everybody 100 points to start off with.  Whenever a mistake was made, they had to deduct 1 point for each incident. The person that had the most points at the end of the month will be awarded a $25 gift card to VitaminShoppe.

To make it even easier on everyone (because ease of use is what its all about), I found a great website called The 100 Point Challenge.  You setup an account (or use your Facebook account), create a challenge, and then invite people to join your challenge. Every day you log on and deduct a point based on how many "mistakes" you made in your diet for the day.  We started out with about 10 people and so far there are 3 of us that still have 100 points and no one has completely fallen off of the radar yet.

I look forward to the results of the people that joined and really hope that some of them come out with a new respect for clean eating.

**Update - January 7th. I spoke with two people today about their progress. One is down 8lbs since the 1st and the other is down 3lbs. The one that is down 3lbs has also seen his sleep improve and has pretty much eliminated his issues with heartburn. I would say that is some good progress! **

1 comment:

  1. [...] Challenge Review February 1st, 2011 Tyson Yesterday marked the completion of the Whole30 challenge that I sponsored at my office. Overall I think it went very well and I consider it a mild success. [...]

    ReplyDelete