Thursday, January 13, 2011

1700 Calorie Lunch

I had a nice 1700 calorie post-workout lunch today. How do you sit down and eat 1700 calories of whole healthy foods in one sitting? Glad you asked! Here is what I ate

  • 4 - 1/4lb burgers grilled on a George Foreman type grill. (Sorry Paleo people but I was going for carbs this meal and not fat)

  • 4 cups of cubed sweet potatoes

  • 1 cup yellow onion

  • 1 cup red pepper

  • 1/2 cup beef broth

  • 2 tablespoons of tomato paste

  • seasoning

  • Can of tuna in spring water


For desert I mashed up two bananas and mixed it with some cocoa powder. Now that was good!

For supper I kept it light and had a chicken breast and another can of tuna fish. For those that are wondering, I only eat like this on the days that I lift heavy. Tomorrow will be a little similar but with less carbs (was at about 300 carbs today). This weekend I will really cut back and just eat high protein, high fat and very low carb. I will also continue my daily 16 hour fasting schedule that I do. Questions about my diet? Drop me an email. I would love to answer them.

2 comments: