Thursday, November 15, 2012

My New Favorite Coffee Concoction

I have a love/hate relationship with coffee. I love to hate it and hate to love it. Many times I have tried to quit and once even got to the point where I packed up our coffee maker and put it into storage. A few months later it called back out to me and I started drinking it again.

My biggest issue with coffee is what I put in it. I can't stand black coffee.  Call me a wuss if you must. I don't care. I like my coffee sweet and full of flavor.  My typical flavoring consists of 1 teaspoon of sugar free vanilla Coffee Mate creamer along with 1-3 teaspoons of Spenda.  Nothing too damaging as far as calories or sugar and even though I drink this during my fast, I don't really consider the calories enough to break my fast.

After reading a new fitness book (to be reviewed soon) there was a recommendation in there to add coconut oil and whey isolate to my morning coffee to drink during my fast with no ill effect on my metabolism.

This sounded eerily familiar to me so I set out to see if this was in fact true. I remember reading on the leangains.com site that if someone chose not to consume BCAA's during their fast, they could substitute with a small amount of whey protein.

I won't go into the details on why this is a good thing because you need to buy the book for that stuff but after doing some further research on my own, I discovered this to be a solid recommendation.

It's believed that coconut oil can boost energy and is known to stimulate metabolism, improve digestion, and release fat cells. The bonus is that you don't need to count calories in coconut oil because it is used for energy and not stored as fat!

So now this is the site of my counter top every morning.

[caption id="attachment_2858" align="aligncenter" width="208"]Morning Coffee Mix Morning Coffee Mix[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment