Thursday, January 27, 2011

Meal Frequency Myth's Exposed



Today I walked into a meeting that was scheduled before mine. I got lucky enough to hear the last 10 minutes of it and found out the topic was on meal frequency and the importance of eating 6 small meals a day and never more than a few hours apart. I used to follow that advice and, personally, it made me miserable. I was constantly planning, cooking, and preparing food.  Quickly trying to fit 4 of those meals into my work day soon became a huge burden. About a year ago I stumbled upon intermittent fasting, fasted training, and reduced meal frequency. The results since then have been fantastic. My energy levels are up, my body fat percentage is down,  my food intake is actually higher, and I no longer have the burden of needing to cook and prepare so many meals.

A few months ago I ran across an article by Martin Berkhan where he debunked the top 10 fasting myths. Walking into today's meeting reminded me of that and I thought I would post that link in here to share with everyone else.

Feel free to discuss and debate in the comments. I am curious what others thoughts are on the subject of meal frequency and/or fasting.

http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

1 comment:

  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by naruto, arlene, Juan, arlene, Arlene and others. Arlene said: Meal Frequency Myth's Exposed | StartBeingFit: Quickly trying to fit 4 of those meals into my work day soon beca... http://bit.ly/hFCOra [...]

    ReplyDelete