Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stand to Work

It's been a long day and I am back at the hospital with my wife and newborn son but in keeping with my promise to post everyday during Lent, I wanted to get something out here really quick. Below is a picture I took of my current cubicle. I decided to grab a box to elevate my laptop up a bit allowing me to stand to work. I am hoping by standing, I can work on my core and not slouch so much in my chair.  I managed to stand for about 2 hours straight before I sat down for the last hour.

2 comments:

  1. Cool idea. I've been wanting to try something like that too. I keep hearing that we were not mean to be sitting for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been standing at my desk as much as I have wanted too since taking the pic and doing the post. I hope to get at least 4 hours in tomorrow though. Depends on the day!

    ReplyDelete