Sunday, March 20, 2011

It is 3am and I Am Not Perfect

Here is a picture of me from the other night (or early morning, however you look at it) at around 3 am. My wife and I had just got done with a feeding of our 3 week old son and I decided to snap a picture of how tired I am sure I looked. Why post that picture online for everyone to see? I will get to that in a moment.

I started this website almost 4 years ago. In its infancy, it wasn't even a blog. It was an informational website that included articles on health and fitness, a personal trainer listing, and even a store. It didn't do so well so I decided to go with a different approach. That was when the blog format was born.

Why a Blog?

I wanted to do a blog because I wanted to tell about my story of becoming fit and healthy. I was hoping to inspire people to ask me questions and seek me out for advice. It has always been a goal of mine to become a trainer and help people with their fitness and dietary needs. I felt that in order for people to trust me and what I had to say, I had to make myself seem perfect.  Trying to make everyone think you are perfect can be very exhausting.

I'm Tired

I am tired of putting up a front. Losing weight is not easy for me and it never has been. There are times when I go off my diet. There are times when I just don't want to work out. There are times when I obsess over every pound.  There are times when I just want to give up. Luckily for me, those feelings never last and I continue on my journey of healthy living. But overall I am struggling just like most everyone else.

Why Am I Telling You This?

I have decided to blog about my day-to-day struggles of being an obsessive fitness fanatic.  I want to show what it's really like to live my life. I want to show everyone that my life isn't easy and I have had to and continue to work hard to achieve what I have. I am hoping that my struggles will bring others peace of mind that they are not alone. The journey wont be easy and I may stray from the path from time to time.  But I am human and I am not perfect.  The picture above is not one of me at my best. I am not posing.  I am not showing off any muscles or a great summer tan. It's me at my most vulnerable. It's showing me for me.

4 comments:

  1. I've been on a smilar journey for the past two and a half years going from 260 down to 200 through Crossfit and paleo living. There are day when you hit the IHOP and there are days when it goes well. Life happens and the key is to just be honest with yourself and get back up and dust yourself off when you fall on the ground. I think the key for me has been to surround myself with people that hold me accountable and lift me up when I start falling down. You'll make it through this spell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off. Great work on your own progress. 60lb weight loss is awesome. I agree with you. Stumbling once in a while isnt bad as long as you get back up and get back to work. I know that this is just a mild setback and I will come out swinging and stronger than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best post I have read of yours Tyson!

    ReplyDelete