Monday, November 29, 2010

Time to Hit It

I don't know about the rest of you but I really enjoyed Thanksgiving this year. I "really" enjoyed it. To the tune of 4 pieces of pie....in a row and that was just the start of it.  It's ok. I went into the holiday prepared by lowering my calorie intake before and after. I enjoyed the meal prepared and then I moved on and didn't dwell on it. Today I was back to my normal eating habits and workout routines. Did I weigh myself before, during, or after to verify the damage? Heck no! I ain't stupid! haha

Today started a new workout routine for me. I am still in Phase I which is the muscle building phase but I decided after 4 weeks of solid lifting combined with 1 week of "off" time for the holidays, I needed to switch it up a bit. After all, if there is one thing Tony Horton and P90x taught me, its muscle confusion. So I put together some new exercises and hit the gym. The muscle confusion really worked. After 4 weeks of feeling perfect after a workout, today I left with soar arms and back. I definitely got a good workout in.

Another 4 weeks will bring me to the Christmas holiday and another 1 week break to rest and recoup. After all, I am getting too old to be hitting it non-stop. After about 4 weeks of lifting, I begin to feel burnt out. This break allows me to rest and recoup a bit.

Did anyone else really "enjoy" their Thanksgiving meal or did you all play it safe?

No comments:

Post a Comment