Sunday, November 21, 2010

Healthy Eating Weekend It Was Not

So I have a confession to make. I ate off track this weekend. Not terrible but bad enough for me to get on here and write about it. Friday was family movie night and we enjoyed the usual snacks that come along with watching a movie. Popcorn, chocolate, soda, etc. It was a great time and I really enjoyed being able to let loose a bit and my family really enjoyed it as well. Saturday I was back on track and the same goes for most of Sunday. Then came the birthday cake the kids and I made for my wife. Since it was homemade, and the girls hand decorated it, I naturally wanted to partake in a piece or two. I kicked that back with some chips and cheese to complete the night. I know. Don't judge me.

One thing I have learned from this experience is my body doesn't do well when I go off track. Friday night, when I went to bed, I felt like I was going to thrown up. The same goes for tonight. I don't feel good. My body knows what I did to it and it's trying to get rid of the crap that I have put into it. My body hates me right now.

Truth is, I actually plan these events for every few months. It helps to get it out of my system and it reminds me very quickly, why I don't eat like that anymore. I would like to say that this probably wont happen again for quite a few months but with Thanksgiving coming up in 4 days, it doesnt look good. I am going to try and stay very low calorie for the next few days in hopes that it will counteract this weekend and the upcoming holiday's.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment