Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Quick Change

In my last post I know I stated that I was going to do the second phase of Visual Impact and then post my results. Well things have changed a little bit. As also previously posted, I am in a weight loss challenge at the company in which I work.   The top 30 teams will win an extra weeks vacation.  To make matters worse, I am the team captain.  To add to the fire, I have put on some weight since my initial weigh in. This combination of things has put quite a bit of pressure on me to put up a weight loss number.

The combination of reverse pyramids and Visual Impact had me putting on a solid bit of muscle. More muscle than I ever had before. The has caused my weight to increase. Normally I wouldn't care but this contest means a lot to my teammates and I do not want to be the one to gain weight.

So with that said, I am somewhat sorrowful to announce that I am doing the first phase of P90x and am currently on week 1. I am doing P90x because it's a quick and proven system for me that I know works. Even though I don't care for the 6 days a week workouts, I only have to do it for the next 30 days and then I am done with the contest. After that I am going to go back to either reverse pyramids or Visual Impact and cut my workouts down to 2-3 days a week with a mix of sprints and clean eating. At that time, I will again be posting more progress stats and I will stop stepping on that darn scale!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, an extra week's vacation is pretty good motivation! Wish my company did something like that. Good luck with the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nothing. The first place team gets an all expenses paid trip to a tropical location of their choice! For them and their family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! We get food. hahaha, but it's a great work environment so I don't mind. :)

    ReplyDelete