Monday, September 19, 2011

Carb Nite Progress - Day 5

I am just about to finish up Day 5 of the Carb Nite protocol outlined in my last post and I thought I would give a bit of an update on how things are going.

For the first few days I suffered a bit of a stomach ache. I don't know if it was caused directly by the reduction in carbs or if it was something else entirely but it has since gone away and not returned. The second thing to happen in the last 5 days is a few canker sores in my mouth. It's been quite a while since I have had any of those. My energy levels have been great and any excessive hunger has been at bay. My carb intake has been at or below 30 grams for the last 5 days with no cheats. My protein intake has been around 150 grams and my fat intake has been around 120 grams. My calories have been close to 2000.

My food choices have been pretty consistent.  I eat a 4 egg omelet every morning with all natural bacon bits, diced ham, small amount of cheese, and some salsa. It comes out to about 10/grams of carbs. My lunch is either some sort of slow cooked beef or chicken on a bed of spinach with some olive oil and Caesar dressing.  Supper time is usually something quite similar.  This week I am going to introduce some protein shakes with either coconut milk, almond milk, or water. On occasion, I will take a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter.

At Day 2 I weighed myself and was down about a pound. I have not weighed myself since then. Visually I can see that I have tightened up quite a bit. I am seeing more definition in my stomach, shoulders, and arms.  My wife has even commented that my face appears to have thinned out a bit.

So there you have it. I am at Day 5 and am suppose to take it to Day 10 although that would land on a Saturday for me. So instead I am either going to take it to Day 9 or Day 12, both of which are heavy lifting days.

I am already planning my carb nite refeed. It could be epic!

 

2 comments:

  1. I am interested in your progress. Hope you keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely will keep posting on my progress.

    ReplyDelete