Friday, September 30, 2011

Got Sick?

The day after my Carb Nite feast, I started to not feel well. Then it hit me. Tuesday night, I awoke with a fever so I decided to stay home from work and skip that days workout. Two four hour naps later and I started to feel a bit better. Today I was back at the gym doing a nice short but high intensity shoulder and arm workout. In and out in 30 minutes. Now that's the way to get stuff done!

My diet has continued to be spot on and I am learning the tips and tricks to get well below 30 grams of carbs a day without feeling like I am sacrificing anything.

On the downside, the weight on the scale has crept back up to 187.2. That is up from the 186 that I weighed in at a few days ago. I am starting to think that even though my carb count is low, my calorie count might be a bit too high. I was continueling hitting over 2000 calories a day with some days being at 2500. That is causing my body to go into a re-composition state rather than a weight loss state. A recomp state isnt a bad thing though. I am effectively replacing body fat with muscle. I know this to be true because I can see it in the mirror and I can feel it in my clothes. But for the sake of this weight loss competition, I really need to lose weight.

Therefore, today is going to be my last weight training day for about a week and a half. Next week I am going to concentrate on some intermittent fasting combined with some low levels of cardio. The days leading up to the official weigh out will see me doing some excessive water drinking combined with a quick taper at the end. I am also planning on switching up my diet with some low sodium, high protein meats with only low to moderate levels of fats. could be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment