Friday, April 29, 2011

Dairy Hates Me

I have a love/hate relationship with dairy.

I love it but it hates me.

At least I think it does.

It seems that every time I eat cheese or protein powder, I get really bloated and gassy. (TMI I know). A few months ago I did a Whole30 challenge and gave up dairy completely and felt great. No pressure. No gas. After the challenge was over I slowly started to add the protein powder and cheese back and slowly the bloating returned. I know its the dairy but its just too hard to give up!

For awhile I bought some low lactose protein powder and it seemed to help. I have also thought about getting egg protein instead but like the low lactose version, its a bit pricey. Some might say to give up the protein powder but when you need that quick fix of protein, nothing fits the bill quite like a protein shake. Plus I make the best smoothies with my protein powder!

This post is random and has no true direction. It's Friday and I don't care. Have a great weekend everyone! I will try and stay away from the dairy this weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment