Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I'm Back!



Where have I been?  Around.

It’s been a week since I have posted anything and for that I am sorry. Things have been pretty crazy around my house the last week. My wife's high school dance team was getting ready to put on their annual spring show and most of her free time was dedicated to preparing for that. That meant that kid and baby duty were my sole responsibility.  After everyone was in bed, I just didn’t have the energy to get online and put together a half-ass post. So now it’s a week later and I have no problem putting up something half-ass. :)

Things aren't going so well in the weight loss area. Last Friday I weighed in for a few contests that I am in and I ended up putting a few pounds back on. I am now officially over 180lbs.  Looking back I am not 100% sure where I went wrong. I continue to do cardio, eat well, and lift.  If I could place blame anywhere, I think it might be that I am not eating enough.

Looking back at my logs, I am probably only consuming about 1500 calories a day. I figure my maintenance level is probably somewhere a little North of 2500. Going low calorie for a few days isn’t bad but doing so continuously isn’t good. I think that is where my weight gain has come from.

Could it be that my body is storing fat in anticipation of not getting enough food?

This week I have increased my calories a bit and am now hovering around 2100/kcal's a day. Friday will be the true test to see if that approach has worked.

BTW - Weight loss contests are the worst thing to do if you only have a small amount of weight to lose (less than 10lbs). You will get judged for anything that was gained even though to gain can be quite normal in these circumstances. If you fit this bill and someone asks you to join a contest, you would be best to say now. Just my 2 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment