Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I Am Sensitive

After completing the Adonis 12 week challenge, I went on a pretty good feeding frenzy. The fact that Thanksgiving happened to coincide with the end of the challenge didn't hurt either. One thing I noticed during my feeding frenzy was that I have two major triggers for my I.B.S (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).  The first one I knew already but the feeds just confirmed it: dairy or lactose to be more specific. The second trigger was one I actually took out of my diet a few years back but put back in after a endoscope confirmed I wasn't intolerant. That trigger is gluten.

Lucky for me, gluten isn't a major trigger and I seem to tolerate small amounts of it OK but during times of high consumption, (like sandwiches or carb refeeds) it really seems to effect me.  Both triggers leave me with a severe pain in my left side that almost feels like an ulcer. I also get very bloated.

For these reasons, I am going to start limiting my intake of both dairy and gluten. I wouldn't call it Primal Revival but I definitely am going to head back in that general direction. Time will tell if find other triggers but I think its a safe bet that these two are my major players.

No comments:

Post a Comment