Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Manly Lifting Stats

According to Martin Berkhan, as an advanced lifter I should be able to do the following lifts:

  •  Bench press: body weight x 1.5 = 285lbs

  •  Chin-ups or pull-ups: body weight x 1.5 = 285lbs

  •  Squat: body weight x 2 = 360lbs

  •  Deadlift: body weight x 2.5 = 475lbs

These are all for a 1RM

Even though I cannot do these amounts (yet) I still consider myself advanced because I have been lifting for so long. I have been lifting incorrectly but that is a whole other post.

As of right now, here are my starting stats. They are not my 1RM but rather my starting set of my reverse pyramid sets.

My stats:

  •  Current weight of 190

  •  Bench press = 205x8

  •  Pull-ups = 235x6

  •  Chin-Ups = 245x5

  •  Squat = 275x4

  •  Deadlift = 225x6

  •  Standing Military Press = 95x6 (threw this one in on my own)

Here is how far I am away from hitting those goals

  • Bench = 80lbs

  • Pull-ups = 40lbs

  • Chin-ups = 10lbs

  • Squat = 85lbs

  • Deadlift = 250lbs

As you can see, with the exception of deadlifts I am not that far from hitting my goals. My goal is to hit all of them within 6 months.

3 comments:

  1. [...] at the gym today. That got me thinking about where I stood on reaching my ultimate goals outlined here. After all, its been 3 months since I originally posted it. So here [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you meant a bodyweight of 180lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My math is a little off I guess. I probably should go in and change that huh?

    ReplyDelete