Thursday, September 2, 2010

Intense Cardio Workout

Lately I really despise cardio machines. I would almost rather not do cardio at all than spend an hour on an elliptical. I was faced with that decision tonight. Go to the gym and be a rat on a treadmill or brave the weather and head out into the rain for some good old fashioned sprints. I chose option number 2. I headed over to my local park and proceeded to do the following sprints:

  • 5x25 yard sprints

  • 5x50 yard sprints

I followed that up with some picnic table jumps.  I was a little hesitant at first so I begin with only jumping up onto the seat. I did that 20 times. I then grew some courage and made the leap up onto the table. I was amazed that  I could actually do it! I followed that jump with 29 more! I then took off for home and did a few core exercises with my homemade suspension trainer followed by a session of P90x Ab RipperX.
[singlepic id=119 w=320 h=240 float=center]

When all the cardio was said and done, I cooked up a meal of ground beef, red pepper, white onion and tomato paste.  Mixed it into a bowl and scarfed it down.  And that was the end of that. Day 2 of the Primal September Challenge complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment